As you may or may not know, the month of May is synonymous to Cannes (or at least it should be!) Why, you ask? Simple. For 13 days, the most illustrious people in the film industry (and a few high-profile celebrities) unite in Cannes to celebrate the Cannes Film Festival – which incidentally will be the topic of my next post (COMING VERY SOON). However, while we wait for the festival to terminate to decide which outfits were the best, I thought I would share with you my top 20 favourite looks from the amfAR gala, which also took place in Cannes.
But what exactly is the amfAR gala? Well, keep on reading to find out!
The annual amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala is one of the main highlights on the Cannes Film Festival calendar, mainly because amfAR is an international non-profit organisation dedicated to the support of AIDS research, HIV prevention, treatment and education. The name came about when two separate research groups merged to become the american foundation for AIDS Research: amfAR for short. As well as helping generate money for a much needed cause, the Gala is also one of the week’s most anticipated parties; a perfect occasion to showcase a new outfit, an outfit I am ready to inspect. After scouring the internet for all the amfAR gala looks, here are my top 20 best dressed of the evening!
20. Michelle Rodriguez in a Romona Keveza gress and Chopard jewellery
19. Daria Strokous in an Alexandre Vauthier dress
18.Aishwarya Rai in an Elie Saab dress
17. Doutzen Kroes in a Maison Margiela dress and Messika jewellery
16. Jourdan Dunn in a Vera Wang dress and Chopard jewellery
15. Sara Sampaio in an Alexandre Vauthier dress and DeGrisogono jewellery
14. Diane Kruger in a Chanel dress
13. Toni Garrn in an Elie Saab dress and Chopard jewelllery
12. Lara Stone in a Saint Laurent dress
11. Lily Donaldson in a Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane dress
10. Daniela Braga in a Balmain suit
9. Chiara Ferragni in a a Bluemarine dress
8. April Love Geary in a Dsquared2 ensemble
7. Izabel Goulart
6. Sienna Miller in a Custom-made Ralph Lauren Collection dress, Atelier Swarovski jewels and Nathalie Trad clutch
5. Karlie Kloss in a Tom Ford dress
4. Kendall Jenner in a Calvin Klein Collection dress and Chopard jewellery
3. Karolina Kurkova in a Lexis Mabille Couture gown and Harry Winston jewellery
We’ve made it to the top 3! And to accompany us is Karolina Kurkov looking regal and chic in this pale pink gown. A big thumbs up to this look which is very suited for the event at hand.
2. Georgina Chapman in a Marchesa dress
Georgina Chapman ranks on number 2 due to this fantastic spring dress which looks out of this world on her! A very elegant and detailed dress, which she combined with a berry lip. The only thing I would change from this look is the big bracelet on her left arm, seeing as it detracts attention from the dress. Other than that, a great fashion moment.
1. Chanel Iman in a Zuhair Murad dress
Chanel Iman looks absolutely amazing in this dress. Everything from the colours, to the neck line, and her hairstyle is on point. I chose her outfit as my number 1 seeing as it is very appropriate for a Gala event, she looks amazing in it, and she still looks young, fresh and elegant, with a hint of old Hollywood glamour. 10/10.
Unfortunately we have come to the end of another post, but don’t panic, another one is coming up soon outlining my favourite Cannes Film Festival moments, so stay tuned!
Let me know on the comments section below which was your favourite look. Did you agree with my choices, or is there any outfit you would not have included?
This week, instead of leaving you with a quote I leave you with this THANK GOD FOR THE WEEKEND photo from the event!