2. SCENTED CANDLES
We all know that smell is one of the 5 sense organs in our body, making scent and olfaction a really important part of this experience.
I love combining different scented candles to create the perfect harmonization of aromas! When doing this however, it’s important to realise that certain scents can clash with each other, and that is a risk you do NOT want to take! An off-putting and overpowering smell will completely alter the vibe and environment of the room, potentially ruining your staycation (#TheFearIsReal!)
Choosing scents can be overwhelming, but for me, there are some classic scent combinations you can never go wrong with:
- Honey Musk, Rose Flower Nectar, and Lavender for a soft and lightly perfumed environment
- Pink Hibiscus, rosewood, and freesia for a delicate and flowery ambiance
- Vanilla, warm amber, and snow-covered pines for a white winter, warm room
- Gingerbread, nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar for a Christmas inspired scent
- White musk, black plum blossoms and vanilla, to create a blissfully pure and enticing environment
- Cedar-wood, Fresh Roses, and white flowers, for a clean and refreshing scent, with a touch of mystery
- White Gardenias, bright citrus, and sweet florals for a feminine and delicate room
If you’re wondering where you can find these scents all together in a candle, Yankee Candles and Zara Home have great scent combinations!