Quando penso a Milano…oops getting carried away here!
Whenever I think about Milan (much better!), 5 things come to mind:
- The imposing and breathtaking architecture. The Duomo di Milano is just perfect
- The unattainable art… Does The Last Supper ring a bell?
- The gustatory heaven that is the food 😍. Yes I’m talking about pizza, pasta, gelato..and so much more!
- The language, of course…Molto romantica!
- And obviously…the Fashion. I mean, the Quadrilatero della Moda (Milan’s fashion distric) is simply divine! And what is more fashionable than Fashion Week?? (⇦ rhetorical question here!)
Suffice to say MFW is arguably my favourite fashion week, seeing as it incorporates a few of my favourite things: Love, Style, Elegance, and Creativity.
Without further a due, keep scrolling to find out which were my favourite collections from Milan Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2016
23rd September 2015
A very craft-based collection filled with colourful designs and plenty of fun. These clothes have a nomadic feel to them, perfect for an eclectic dresser!
Key take-home message: Get inspiration from different worldly cultures this summer
An expensive-looking, geek-chic, vintage collection. Classic Gucci references (such as the signature red and green) were seen, but there was so much more – a fashionista’s dream
Key take-home message: classy and sassy can, and should, go together
A very personalised and vamped up collection, with varied patterns (night vs day colours) and legs showing.
Key take-home message: Organza can be your friend if you want to show some leg..but not too much
A very trendy collection, perfect for the cool girl (such as Hailey Baldwin and Bella Hadid, who actually modelled this collection!), Metallic shades and original cuts were present in abundance!
Key take-home message: Think: 50 shades of Metallica