During fashion week don’t be surprised if you witness any of the following things:
- A set of really tall (and flawless) girls all wearing skinny jeans and a tank top. Those would be models!
- Impeccably dressed people looking like they’re in a movie or something, while you’re just there sat in a corner having your lunch, wearing the first thing you picked out of the closet this morning. They are all likely waiting to attend a fashion show!
- Packed hairdresser salons! After all, what’s the point of being all dressed up to the nine’s when you’re hair’s looking like you just got out of bed?
- Really..really attractive people. I mean, more than usual. Anyone who lives in London knows there is a mix of people from all over. But during fashion week, somehow, the ratio of good looking people is greatly increased!
- Your usual coffee shop near work has a bigger queue than the hair salon you just passed by! You see, during fashion week, everyone involved in a show needs to get up at ridiculous hours, so they end up needing a #CaffeineFix …quite regularly.
Anyway, my point is, during fashion week, London is B-U-S-Y.
However, the hectic environment is totally worth it because at the end of the day, beautiful collections by talented designers have been displayed – and let’s face it, it’s an excuse to wear those eccentric shoes you’ve been dying to showcase! After all, during fashion week, anything goes!
Good! Keep scrolling to find out my favourite collections and designs from LFW Spring/Summer 2016!
18th September 2015
A collection with a bold colour palette and graphic patterns. Ideal for the edgy girl, who is ready for a night out in the town.
Key take-home message: Experiment with bold solid colours as well as patters come spring/summer season.
A collection with a standard sophistication but with interesting twists, for instance, neckline variations and shoulder cutaways
Key take-home message: Invest in a bomber jacket and a diaphanous dress – and don’t leave your class and sophistication at home!
A well put together collection with interesting patterns and colour blocking
Key take-home message: Mix everyday items (e.g. a jumper) with a more fashion forward item of clothing (e.g. patterned skirt), for a more unique look
A collection with interesting texture combinations (e.g. sheer organza with a large flower print), which translate well onto day-to-day outfits
Key take-home message: Sometimes to stand out, you need to add a metallic vibe to your outfit!
A collection with flattering shapes and cuts that can be adjusted to various body types and styles
Key take-home message: Pick a skirt/trouser length that flatters YOU
A somewhat minimalist collection, with seventies silhouettes, punctuating free-flowing dresses and low waist trousers
Key take-home message: Get into the habit of wearing flowy dresses for summer!
A very theatrical and dramatic collection which will appeal to a certain type of clientele.
Key take-home message: Don’t take yourself to seriously. Sometime you need to break from the norm and wear a more unconventional piece of clothing
4 thoughts on “LFW SS16: Fashion Report”
Greetings, hope everything is great. I’m very intrigued about your blog and I have a question for you. Would you be interested in joining OutLoud! Culture? We are a site that covers the latest regarding Fashion, Music, Sports, Movies, TV series and more. We’d like you to join as a writer. (outloudculture.com)
Hi! Hope everything is good with you too. Please contact me in my email: email@example.com with further information!
LikeLiked by 1 person